BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sky1
Calcite | Level 5

I want to adjust p values (by Bonferroni) for six estimates/contrasts in proc mixed. Is there anyway to do that? It appears that the p values can only be adjusted in lsmeans.

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I don't know what version of SAS you are using, but you should examine the LSMESTIMATE statement as an alternative.  If you are on SAS 9.2, you may need to change to PROC GLIMMIX to have this available.  The "More Like This" panel to the right will lead to other discussions that deal with this specifically.

Steve Denham

lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It can be easily done with GLIMMIX. This procedure has many more options than found in MIXED. For instance:

estimate '1 vs 2' trt 1 -1 0 0,

'2 vs 3+4' trt 0 1 -.5 -.5,

'3 vs 4' trt 0 0 1 -1 / adjust=bon;

That is, you just separate each estimate with a comma, and then add an adjust option. I point out that Bonferroni is very conservative, especially with a large number of contrasts. You can't do this directly in MIXED.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation