BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shivaa
Calcite | Level 5

I am studying impact of a medication on survival outcomes. each patient was on this particular medication for different duration of time and outcomes depend on duration of exposure. so i think analysing by users vs non-users will not be adequate. How do I account for duration of exposure into the survival analysis - cox proportional hazard model?

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

What about including it as a variable? But it may also be time dependent so consider checking the time dependency aspect. 

shivaa
Calcite | Level 5

thanks for the reply. 

Could I use the 'usage of drug' as a time dependent co-variate in the model and will that account for duration of exposure. I know it solves the problem of immortal time bias..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation