BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
liu192223
Calcite | Level 5

I am not sure if I use the right model for my data, can anyone help me to take a look at it?

The experiment is to evaluate the impact of different spray timing of a fungicide on leaf spot disease of barley.

Here is the experimental design: 2 location, 2 seeding dates, 5 spray timings including control, 4 replications, 3 cultivars; variables include disease severity (%), and yield.

Here is the code I wrote:

proc glimmix data=all;

class loc sd rep spd cv;

model ds=loc|sd|cv|spd/dist=normal link=identity;

random rep;

random _residual_/subject=loc*sd*spd*cv type=ar(1);

lsmeans loc*sd loc*cv loc*spd spd*cv/diff lines;

run;

I am just start to learn sas by myself, have a lot of questions.

1. how to determine a data distribution;

2. how to determine random effect co variance structure?

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
liu192223
Calcite | Level 5

Come back with a new code.

The experiment design is a split plot design, 4 replications, main plot is spray timing, subplot is cultivar.

proc glimmix data=all;

class loc sd rep spd cv;

model ds=loc|sd|cv|spd /dist=binomial link=logit;

random spd*cv rep;

run;

quit;

how to choose the right co variance structures in this case?

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Add method=quad or method=laplace to the proc glimmix statment.  Then in the random statement, rearrange so that you have subject=rep, something like:

random intercept spd*cv/subject=rep type=<insert the type of covariance structure you wish to impose>;

Now, you will have to make several runs with the different error structure types.  For a split plot, type=vc and type=un are the only ones I can think of that really apply, unless you have some sort of spatial correlation that you wish to fit.

By using the integral based methods, you get quasi-likelihoods, and the information criteria (AIC, AICc) are appropriate for ranking the models.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation