BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vstorme
Obsidian | Level 7

I am interested in the topic of dispersion estimates for count data coming from RNAseq data. The glimmix procedure provides the option empirical=mbn to correct for small sample size,and it appears to have good statistical properties in terms of type I error rates, however there is also the possibility to adjust the denumerator degrees of freedom for the F-tests with the KenwardRoger method. Does anybody have an idea what the best choice is? In our experiments, we typically only have 3 biological replicates for each treatment.

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would go with the empirical= option for this, unless you have a lot of missing data.  If you are on SAS/STAT 12.1 or higher, consider ddfm=KR2, the improved Kenward-Rogers adjustment.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation