BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

I am currently having issues with forecasting out future forecasts with differencing in the model with proc varmax. Varmax is identifying the changes in the independent variables (+100 shock) properly when there is no differening in the variables, however in the differenced environment, the first forecasted value is exacty the value of the estimated beta coefficient in the model, and then the rest of the forecasted values are 0.

Is therea way to correctly calcualte & plot future forecasts in a differenced environment with proc varmax?

(example code of what I am attempting to do):

proc varmax data=forecast_dataset plots=ALL;

model retvar = ratevar_shock100 / noint dif=(retvar(1) ratevar_shock100(1));

output lead=24 back=12 out=forecasts;

run;

All values in data set are populated up until last 12 rows 'retvar' has missing values which are to be forecasted.

Thank you for your time and any suggestions.

-Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I think has addressed this in the Forecasting forum.  You might want to try posing this question over there as well.

Steve Denham

AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Ok I'll try posting elsewhere thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation