BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

Good Afternoon All,

I have current data, along with the history for credit card balances.  I have grouped these by month and delinquency buckets(1 cycle = 30 days past due, 2 cycle = 60 days past due etc.)

There is an old process that I've inherited to forecast delinquencies, it is an markov chain that I don't like how it's written so I'm going to try to do it over using IML.  I'm also going to do a moving average. 

Why I'm reaching out to the group is to find out if someone has experience with an exercise like this, if they have a certain model or procedure that they thought fit this kind of data best.

Thank You,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I cannot speak to "the exercise" personally, but it sounds similar to some SGF papers that Gongwei Chen wrote. If you decide to rewrite the analysis in IML, there are a few articles about Markov chains and moving averages in IML that you might find helpful for writing efficient code:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I cannot speak to "the exercise" personally, but it sounds similar to some SGF papers that Gongwei Chen wrote. If you decide to rewrite the analysis in IML, there are a few articles about Markov chains and moving averages in IML that you might find helpful for writing efficient code:

Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

That's great, thanks Rick!

Reeza
Super User

No idea of the accuracy compared to a Markov model, but 2 stage regression are models are what I've seen. First stage calculates the probability of default and the second calculates the amount of the default assuming they're going to default.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation