BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
estul
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

Currently trying to get pooled results for my multipley imputed and bootstrapped data for a multinomial regression (see code below), but I get the error  "ERROR: Within-imputation COV matrix is not symmetric for _Imputation_= 1 in the input DATA= data set" when I run my Proc MIANALYZE step. It doesn't seem that my variable names are too long in character so I don't think that's the issue. Any guidance on how to trouble-shoot would be much appreciated.  I have been using the code described on MI for multinomial (nominal) logistic regression here:  http://support.sas.com/kb/49/579.html.

Thanks!

Code:

/*CRUDE MODEL*/
PROC LOGISTIC DATA= final.out_ipw_all outest = final.parms covout descending;
BY _imputation_ replicate;
WHERE sp2=1;
CLASS style(REF='2') income(REF='1') / PARAM=REF;
MODEL style=income/ link = glogit;
WEIGHT ipw_trim;
ODS OUTPUT ParameterEstimates=final.out_crude;
RUN; 

/*proc mianalyze*/
proc mianalyze data = final.parms edf = 550;
modeleffects income2_3 income2_1 income3_3 income3_1 intercept_1 intercept_3;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I suspect it has something to do with the BY statement in Proc LOGISTIC.  I noticed that you are not only doing it BY _IMPUTATION_ but also REPLICATE.  You would need a corresponding BY statement in MIANALYZE to take into account that second variable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I suspect it has something to do with the BY statement in Proc LOGISTIC.  I noticed that you are not only doing it BY _IMPUTATION_ but also REPLICATE.  You would need a corresponding BY statement in MIANALYZE to take into account that second variable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation