Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

convergence status in proc logistic

Contributor

convergence status in proc logistic

Hello:

I want to use retrieve convergence status of proc logistic from its ods table ConvergenceStatus, which contains a column 'status'. However, I cannot find a clear definition of this variable (by google search or in proc logistic manual) . It seems to me  0 indicates convergence and anything > 0 means some error. Is this true? Where can I find how this is defined?

Thanks,

Peter

Trusted Advisor

Re: convergence status in proc logistic

Hi,

You can validate this under "Reason" column in the ConvergenceStatus table.

Contributor

The challenge with this approach is that it is hard to do automatic processing. For example in one model, I got a "quasi-completion" warning message in log. However, the corresponding text in the "Reason" column doesn't contain "WARN" or anything similar. For this particular case, I can hand-code the warning message in my program. But what if another convergence issue occurs? I cannot find a list of all warning msgs in proc logistic.

Peter

Trusted Advisor

Hi,

Did you check ConvergenceStatus table when had warning message "quasi-completion" warning message in log. You will have the same message in ConvergenceStatus table. I think there are only two possible messages that ConvergenceStatus table may have

Reason                                                                                     Status

Quasi-complete separation of data points detected.                  1

Convergence criterion (GCONV=1E-8) satisfied.                       0

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation