BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Peter_Y
Calcite | Level 5

Hello:

I want to use retrieve convergence status of proc logistic from its ods table ConvergenceStatus, which contains a column 'status'. However, I cannot find a clear definition of this variable (by google search or in proc logistic manual) . It seems to me  0 indicates convergence and anything > 0 means some error. Is this true? Where can I find how this is defined?

Thanks,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi,

You can validate this under "Reason" column in the ConvergenceStatus table.

Peter_Y
Calcite | Level 5

The challenge with this approach is that it is hard to do automatic processing. For example in one model, I got a "quasi-completion" warning message in log. However, the corresponding text in the "Reason" column doesn't contain "WARN" or anything similar. For this particular case, I can hand-code the warning message in my program. But what if another convergence issue occurs? I cannot find a list of all warning msgs in proc logistic.

Peter

stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi,

Did you check ConvergenceStatus table when had warning message "quasi-completion" warning message in log. You will have the same message in ConvergenceStatus table. I think there are only two possible messages that ConvergenceStatus table may have

Reason                                                                                     Status

Quasi-complete separation of data points detected.                  1

Convergence criterion (GCONV=1E-8) satisfied.                       0

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation