BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wajmsu
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using a matched dataset to carry out conditional logistic regression. Not all matched case-control sets are the same; some cases have 1 control the other may have 2 or 3. Would the analysis be different from if I had similar number of controls for all cases? If yes, how should I address this issue?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

You will not get biased result because of different numbers of control-persons. But of course, as more control person the more statistical power you will have. Just remember to put the variable that defines the matching group into the strata statement in proc logistic (it could forexample be the case-ID-number).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation