BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
diva_di_dati
Calcite | Level 5

I have 2 data sets with the same named 150 variables and need to look at them side by side by their unique id.  I need to check how closely the data set I created matches what should be a near identical data set I am trying to emulate.  How do I look at these datasets side by side in one data set by the unique identifier so I can put it is a pivot table (not my  choice but my task) to compare the 2 sets of 150 variables?

1 REPLY 1
Astounding
PROC Star

The standard way to compare two data set to see if they are equal is PROC COMPARE.  If you suspect they are nearly equal and want to locate the few inequalities, this would be a good way to go about it.

You mention that you have a unique identifier.  PROC COMPARE does permit the use of a BY statement.

Good luck.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation