BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Peter_Y
Calcite | Level 5

Hello:

I recently encounter couple of datasets with specific structures and I wonder if anyone knows how to fit them with SAS. Suppose we give patients one of the two treatments and follow-up their next 3 hospital visits. The goal is to model time from baseline to first hospital visit and time between each follow-up visits. The 2 distinct features of this data are

1. Data is clustered. i.e patients within each hospital. Hospitals within provinces......

2. Patient will skip the visits. This is the part I get confused. If a patient skip visit 2, time between visit 1 and visit 2 (t12) is interval censored. Similaly, t23 is interval censored as well. But there is a constraint: t12 + t23 is fixed. How should I take into account the dependency in between-visit times ?

This kind of data seems to be very common in practice but I don't know the appropriate way to analyze it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation