BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
michtka
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi to everyone, checking this link from SAS about the rpoc mixel model:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_mixed_sect00...

I got the next example:

Clustered Data Example 

Consider the following SAS data set as an introductory example:

data heights; input Family Gender$ Height @@; datalines; 1 F 67   1 F 66   1 F 64   1 M 71   1 M 72   2 F 63 2 F 63   2 F 67   2 M 69   2 M 68   2 M 70   3 F 63 3 M 64   4 F 67   4 F 66   4 M 67   4 M 67   4 M 69 ; 

The response variable Height measures the heights (in inches) of 18 individuals. The individuals are classified according to Family and Gender. You can perform a traditional two-way analysis of variance of these data with the following PROC MIXED statements:

My question is, there are some procedure to visualize graphically this kind of clustering problems, i.e to see which model is fitting better

my raw of data, or see how well separated the cluter of data are, etc, etc.

Thnaks in advance,

V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You can visualize the group distributions of observed and residual values from this model with :

proc mixed data=heights plots=boxplot(fixed observed);

class Family Gender;

model Height = Gender Family Family*Gender;

run;

A kind word of caution: you can learn a lot from SAS documentation, but it cannot replace a course in statistics.

PG

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation