BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nov
Calcite | Level 5 nov
Calcite | Level 5

I would get competing risk for people with multiple hospitalizations.  As I knew, sas9.4 is able to get competing risks for one event per person. Can I get competing risks for multiple events per person?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Somehow, I find your wish a bit selfcontradicting.Using a competingrisk model means exactly that persons are not in risk of any of the outcomes when the first outcome has occured. A competingrisk model is therefore not the right model analyzing recurrent events.

But, what you can do is to model the recurrent events with a Cox-model using either time since last event. You can thereby have more events per person in a Cox-model, just restart the time at each event.  Or you can have time since beginning of trial as underlying time axis, then you should have the last timepoint as a left-truncation on the time at risk (you can find an example here: SAS/STAT(R) 13.2 User's Guide)

The other eventtypes can be taken into account by constructing a timedependent covariate that counts numbers of the other event type.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation