BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SRaehsler
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, as a recent graduate I need some help using SAS. I have 3 groups which I would like to compare to see if they differ among 4 variables. Group 1 (n=42) has skewness values of around 3. Group 2 (n=101) has a skewness of around 5. The last group (n=10,106) has skewness values between 8 and 10. Like I said, I would like to determine if there are any statistically significant differences between the 3 independent groups for each of the 4 different continuous variables. I am working with NHANES data, since it is a cross-sectional study I BELIEVE that means I must use nonparametric tests? What are your suggestions as to how I should complete this analysis using SAS. Someone has suggested I compare the geometric means, but I do not know enough about geometric means to know if this is the best method.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Statistically significant differences of what: distribution, mean, variance or something(s) else?

SRaehsler
Calcite | Level 5

ideally the geometric mean, if that makes sense.

Thank you for your reply!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation