Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

age gender standardized incidence rate

Occasional Contributor

age gender standardized incidence rate

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate the standardized  incidence rate(crude of death) for my data set, for people on a treatment vs not on the treatment,compare to a reference group.

my sas version doesn't have " proc stdrate".

can anyone help with how to calculate that using SAS? sample code will be appreciated.

I have never done this before and know don't know very much about calculating the rates.

thank you

Grand Advisor

Re: age gender standardized incidence rate

What what version of SAS do you have? If you run the following do you see SAS/STAT?

It seems weird that some dealing with this type of info wouldn't have SAS/STAT

proc product_status;

run;

Occasional Contributor

thanks Reeza for reponding.

I'm using  SAS (r) Proprietary Software 9.3 (TS1M0). I looked  on the support SAS website and proc stdrate is avalable from 9.3 TS1M1.

thank you

Grand Advisor

So there are macro's for doing this but it's a relatively easy calculation so you can pick your poison.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Base-SAS-Programming/Macro-for-standardizing-for-age-in-IRR-SAS-9-2/t...

Occasional Contributor

thanks. so much useful info here

SAS Super FREQ

PROC STDRATE was introduced in SAS/STAT 12.1, which was released in 2012 as part of SAS 9.3m2. SAS versions prior to that release will not contain PROC STDRATE.

Super Contributor

Or you can try install SAS university edition, which is free, and always contains the newest features.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation