BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mcdyn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate the standardized  incidence rate(crude of death) for my data set, for people on a treatment vs not on the treatment,compare to a reference group.

my sas version doesn't have " proc stdrate".

can anyone help with how to calculate that using SAS? sample code will be appreciated.

I have never done this before and know don't know very much about calculating the rates.

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

What what version of SAS do you have? If you run the following do you see SAS/STAT?

It seems weird that some dealing with this type of info wouldn't have SAS/STAT

proc product_status;

run;

mcdyn
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks Reeza for reponding.

I'm using  SAS (r) Proprietary Software 9.3 (TS1M0). I looked  on the support SAS website and proc stdrate is avalable from 9.3 TS1M1.

thank you

Reeza
Super User

So there are macro's for doing this but it's a relatively easy calculation so you can pick your poison.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Base-SAS-Programming/Macro-for-standardizing-for-age-in-IRR-SAS-9-2/t...

mcdyn
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks. so much useful info here

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

PROC STDRATE was introduced in SAS/STAT 12.1, which was released in 2012 as part of SAS 9.3m2. SAS versions prior to that release will not contain PROC STDRATE.

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Or you can try install SAS university edition, which is free, and always contains the newest features.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation