BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Laiju
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

How can we calculate the sample size for a 6*3 Williams model in non central t-distribution. The equation I have is below code. But I am stuck and is not able to go ahead. Any help would be of great use.

Thanks in advance.

Let σˆ2eσˆe2 denote the residual intrasubject MSE from a historical study; with Method 1, the sample size can be calculated with the following algorithm:

1. Set values for α, φ, and µT/µR (default α = 0.05, φ = 0.80, and µT/µR = 1);

2. Select a range of sample size (N1,N2), for each N ∊ [N1,N2], and do the following:

1. V1=1.5σˆ2e/NV1=1.5σˆe2/N

2. τ1 = [log(µT/µR) – log(▵L) ] / V1

3. τ2 = [log(µT/µR) – log(▵U) ] / V1

4. Calculate PRNT(–tν,α,ν6×3,τ2) – PRNT(–tν,α,ν6×3,τ1), where PRNT(·) is the probability from a noncentral t distribution, and ν6×3 = 2N – 4

2 REPLIES 2
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Just in case somebody is going to proceed with this thread: The article from which @Laiju apparently copied the algorithm can be found here (with much better readable formulas).

In principle, a SAS program implementing the algorithm would consist of only a few lines of code. Most of the terms in the formulas seem to be clearly defined. Moreover, the article contains a table of calculated values (Table 2, p. 245) for comparison. However, I was unable to replicate these values. I even tried to solve the equation for unclear parameters numerically (given a few values from Table 2; without sophisticated tools such as SAS/OR, though), but didn't obtain satisfactory results.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation