BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maria_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I´m new to SAS and statistical analyses. I hope I´m posting in the right  forum.

I´m trying to perform a logistic regression on my data.

My dataset contains patients with a chronic disease and a controlgroup. They are pooled in no disease=1, light disease=2 and severe disease=3 (90 patients and 250 controls, matched by age groups). I want to investige the relation to impotence, impotent=1, not impotent=2 

My statement is as follows:

proc logistic data = controlsandpatients;
class disease (ref = "1") / param=ref ;
model impotent (event = "1") = disease / lackfit ;
run;

I get a quasi-complete separation problem, The maximum likelihood estimate may not exist. I´ve tried to do an exact test, but that doesen´t solve the problem. Is this the right way to analyse this or should i use PROC FREQ?

I hope you can help me

Best regards 

Maria

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

Since you have control group, do you consider to use conditional logistic regression ?

maria_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply.

I am new to sas programming, and have never done a conditional logistic regression - I tried looking in sas support pages but I am not sure how I would set it up? 

Ksharp
Super User

There is an example in Documentation about conditional LR.

I remember you should use STRATA statement .

maria_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation