BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I am looking for a raw file (.xls or .csv) to analyze for a research project for ANOVA\ANOCOVA program I am in. It is surprisingly hard to find an experimental (not observational, preferably) data set online, there are a lot of studies but few that have accompanying data sets with raw numbers and statistics.

If anyone could find one or a database for finding one that would be amazing. I would even take an observational data set at this point.

8 REPLIES 8
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Why don't you start with the ANCOVA example in PROC GLM.

SAS/STAT(R) 13.2 User's Guide

Reeza
Super User

sashelp.heart is a good dataset - subset of data from the Framingham heart study I believe.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Values for the variable 'Weight' in sashelp.heart is like 121,141,172,191.....It is not making sense for me.

Do we've any other SAS datasets where data holds more continuous variables than categorical? Because I need to work for MANCOVA analysis as well.

Reeza
Super User

I don't understand what's wrong with the Weight variable?

Check the SAS Analytics U home page. There's a list of available datasets and resources on there.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As far as I'm aware weight values will be less than 100. But in sashelp.heart very few values are less than 100. Do you think it is right?

I don't know where to find datasets in SAS Analytics U | SAS

Am I looking something different?

Reeza
Super User

Weight is in pounds, less than 100 would reflect a child. 

MikeZdeb
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi ... some other sources ...

SAS Online Resources for Statistics Education

SAS Documentation Example Code and Data

(the SAS code used in SAS-published books together with data used in the examples, just look for stat-related books)

lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

And the book SAS for Mixed Models, second edition (Littell et al.), 2006, has a whole chapter on analysis of covariance. But the example in the GLM User's Guide (cited above) is a great place to get started. All the data are given.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation