Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

What ML algorithms are part of base SAS

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

What ML algorithms are part of base SAS

Am I correct to say that simple learning algorithms like linear and logistic regression can be done in sas enterprise guide using proc reg, but advanced algorithms like SVM and neural networks require enterprise miner?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-28-2015 03:35 PM
Contributor

Re: What ML algorithms are part of base SAS

Yes, neural networks, random forests, SVM are limited to enterprise miner. You need SAS/STAT to be able to use proc reg but I think that it comes standard in most packages. You also have access to clustering algorithms (k-means,hierarchical agglomerative clustering,dendrograms) through procs such as varclus, cluster, and tree.

Best,

Daniel

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-28-2015 03:35 PM
Contributor

Yes, neural networks, random forests, SVM are limited to enterprise miner. You need SAS/STAT to be able to use proc reg but I think that it comes standard in most packages. You also have access to clustering algorithms (k-means,hierarchical agglomerative clustering,dendrograms) through procs such as varclus, cluster, and tree.

Best,

Daniel

SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you are including SAS/STAT in your definition of "Base SAS". SAS/STAT has logistic regression, discriminate analysis, clustering, variable selection, GAM models, and the new HPSPLIT procedure for regression trees.  I don't think it is fair to classify these as "simple" algorithms, but many of them are "traditional." For an overview of the algorithms in EM, see http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS313-2014.pdf

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation