BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
eagles_dare13
Obsidian | Level 7

Am I correct to say that simple learning algorithms like linear and logistic regression can be done in sas enterprise guide using proc reg, but advanced algorithms like SVM and neural networks require enterprise miner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ddemilla
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, neural networks, random forests, SVM are limited to enterprise miner. You need SAS/STAT to be able to use proc reg but I think that it comes standard in most packages. You also have access to clustering algorithms (k-means,hierarchical agglomerative clustering,dendrograms) through procs such as varclus, cluster, and tree.

Best,

Daniel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ddemilla
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, neural networks, random forests, SVM are limited to enterprise miner. You need SAS/STAT to be able to use proc reg but I think that it comes standard in most packages. You also have access to clustering algorithms (k-means,hierarchical agglomerative clustering,dendrograms) through procs such as varclus, cluster, and tree.

Best,

Daniel

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you are including SAS/STAT in your definition of "Base SAS". SAS/STAT has logistic regression, discriminate analysis, clustering, variable selection, GAM models, and the new HPSPLIT procedure for regression trees.  I don't think it is fair to classify these as "simple" algorithms, but many of them are "traditional." For an overview of the algorithms in EM, see http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS313-2014.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation