BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I got warnings in PROC SHEWHART process when two or more tests that are signaled at one particular point, the reason for the warning is because the label only display the first in the tests list.  For example (see details below), if at the same data point, test1 and test3 are signaled, only 'test1' got seen from the plot. I searched in SAS document and find this is how the PROC SHEWHART plot works.

PROC SHEWHART DATA = WORK.SORTTempTableSorted 
         LIMITS=WORK.ABC;
       ;
        IRCHART   (Var1) * Var2 /
        TESTS= 1 2 3
       TESTLABEL1='test1'
       TESTLABEL2='test2'

TESTLABEL2='test3'

OUTTABLE=WORK.DEF
        SIGMAS=3 
        LIMITN=2
        ;
        BY VAR2;
        ;
       RUN;

The Warnings I got are as follows:

WARNING: The label test3 was not placed at Var2=***, since this subgroup was already flagged for a special test.

The Warnings will give me problem when try to have the code scheduled by the SAS Admin as she requires the coding should be no error and no warning for the scheduler to work. I need the _TESTS_ in the output to contains all the signaled tests ("test1" or "test2" or "test3" ), so I need the testlabel1, testlabel2 and testlabel3.

Is there any way to suppress or remove this warning? Or has SAS find out a way to show all the signaled tests on the plot so no such warnings will be printed in the log file?

Thank you!

Jade

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Is it acceptable to pre-process the data to remove the duplicate points? If so, consider using the NODUPKEY option when you sort the data. (Or use the NODUP option; I don't know what your data look like.)

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you, Rick! There are unique data points in the data. For one data points, if test 1 and test 2 is signaled at the same time, it will give an warning  in the log file said that  test2 will not be placed as there is other tests has been flagged (test1). It's kind of warning comes from the PROC SHEWHART process.

Is that an coding to suppress all the warnings in SAS log file? I was required by the admin to be no errors and no warnings from the coding, so she can schedule on the server. otherwise according to what she said, the scheduled job will not run through.

Thanks,

Jade

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation