BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RubenPnx
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am trying to get the seasonal estimates of the breeding population (% of the breeding population in a concrete period) from diverse Species in the different seasons of the year. To note that I have obtained this data from diferent longitudinal studies, having unbalanced data. So I am using:

Population to control the pseudoreplication

ID_study to control the different samplings,

Species (Genus*Family) to take into account the taxonomy

However, I would like to take into account the density using it as offset.  The problem is that when I include this term in orocethe SAS code I get the following answer: "WARNING: Obtaining minimum variance quadratic unbiased estimates as starting values for the covariance parameters failed".

proc glimmix data=breeding method=laplace plots=(ResidualPanel(conditional marginal));

class Season Species Genus Family Population ID_study Month ;

model Breed_population =  Season Month (Season)

/dist=beta offset=Density

ddfm=none covb s;

random intercept / subject = Population (ID_study);

random intercept / subject= Species (Genus*Family);

nloptions maxiter=150;

lsmeans Season/cl diff PLOT=diff (NOabs center) adjust=tukey;

lsmeans Season/cl ilink;

run;

Anyone know how I can overcome this problem?

Thanks,

Rubén

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RubenPnx
Calcite | Level 5

The warning was due to the amount of decimals of the offset. When I reduce it to 2-3 decimals I could to carry out the model.

I hope it may help someone

Sorry for the inconvences!!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RubenPnx
Calcite | Level 5

The warning was due to the amount of decimals of the offset. When I reduce it to 2-3 decimals I could to carry out the model.

I hope it may help someone

Sorry for the inconvences!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation