BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stanmarciano
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how to assign a set of variables, values from a table. I have a table of parameter estimates of a non linear regression and I want to pass the values of the estimates to the variables for a differetn set of calculation.

Debjit

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

I'm not sure what you're asking, can you please clarify your question.

stanmarciano
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a table of parameter estimates of variables. Lets call the variables a, b,c & d. I wish to know if there is a way to save the values of the parameter estimates of a, b, c, d in a set of different variables a1,b1,c1 & d1. I think my question is how to pass the values from a table to some other variables.

KachiM
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

There may be elegant way for this. But a hardway is to use ods output and proc transpose as:

proc reg data = sashelp.class;
model weight = height age ;
ods output ParameterEstimates = param(keep = Estimate);
run;

proc transpose data = param out = see(keep =Col:);
run;

proc print data = see;
run;

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you post your code, it will easier to know what you are trying to do. 

One interpretation: You are running a regression and you get a parameter estimates table. You can write the table to a SAS data set by submitting the statement:

ods output ParameterEstimate; /* or whatever the table name is */

You can find the name of any ODS table produced by any SAS procedure.

After you have a SAS data set, you can use PROC TRANSPOSE and the RENAME statement in a DATA step to rename the variables.

ballardw
Super User

By table do you mean a SAS dataset? A table in a non-SAS data base or other electronic file? A table of values generated by somether software in a report? A printed document?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation