BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JonDickens1607
Obsidian | Level 7

When you use a Binary Logistic Regression Model to estimate the probability of an event you can then set a threshold value

for this probability so that if P > K then classify the case as Event = 1 otherwise classify the case as Event = 0

There are four possible decisions :

Classify the case as Event = 0  when it is in fact Event = 0

Classify the case as Event = 0  when it is in fact Event = 1     TYPE 2 ERROR  [ Cost of False Negative Error = X ]

Classify the case as Event = 1  when it is in fact Event = 0     TYPE 1 ERROR  [ Cost of False Positive   Error = Y ]

Classify the case as Event = 1  when it is in fact Event = 1

Question:

If I can estimate the values of the Costs of making either a Type 1 Error or  a Type 2 Error before I start to build the Logistic Regression Model, how can I include this information in the Proc Logistic Code in order to optimise my model with respect to

the Error Costs.

Without this inclusion, the default is to assume that the costs are all the same, which in my project is clearly not the case. 

I would appreciate it if you could provide guidance w.r.t. SAS Procedures, Documentation , SAS Code as well as Published Papers / Case Studies.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User

It looks like you want do some Bayes analysis.

Check PEVENT= option of MODEL in PROC LOGISTIC.

or you could check PROC MCMC .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation