BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bob291032
Calcite | Level 5
Hi SAS Users,

I used a bootstrapping technique to create a thousand logistic regression models using 80% of my dataset. I am using the median point estimates of the beta coffecients for each variable and level (for categorical variables), thus my 1000 logreg models result in a single set of point estimates. I also computed the standard deviation for each of these point estimates.

What I want to do now is use these point estimates and std. deviations to setup proc logistic to actually use my model to assign predicted probability of the outcome for each observation in my test set. For example:

proc logistic inmodel=lib.model;
score data=lib.testset out=lib.predictions;
run;

Here's the problem:

I do not know how to actually create the lib.model dataset. Currently, I have run a single logistic regression model using the same model structure as my bootstrap-created model, used the output table from the simple model as a base, then manually changed the beta coefficients for each variable/level. Of course, this is (a) manual and therefore I don't like it and (b) presumably incorrect. This method assigns each observation a new predicted probability, but of course I don't know if it's correct since I don't know if my editing of the model specification dataset is correct.

Ultimately, what I'd like is to know how to go from having a set of beta coefficients and standard deviations of my choosing to having SAS use that data to create a logistic regression model that can be fed data from a test dataset and assign predicted probabilities to each observation.

Thank you for reading and please advise!
-A.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation