BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
phuzface
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm having trouble interpreting SAS output for a two-way MANOVA test for a class assignment. There are 2 factors ("S" and "V") and 4 predictor variables (y1-y4). Here is the SAS code I wrote, which I'm pretty sure is accurate:

proc glm data=snapbean;
class S V;
model y1 y2 y3 y4 = S V S*V;
manova h=_all_ / printe printh;
run;

I have to test and comment on the main effects and interaction using all four MANOVA statistics.

The SAS output runs ANOVA on each predictor variable and I've omitted that output. The rest of the output are screenshots in the attached word document.

I believe that there are a couple of steps for this where one has to look first at some kind of correlation or interaction between the factors or something like that, but I could be wrong.  I'll admit that I had a hard time grasping two-way ANOVA so that's probably why I'm struggling with this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

rest of the output are screenshots in the attached word document.

Some of us won't open Microsoft Office documents as they can be a security risk. Just post your screen captures directly into your message.

I believe that there are a couple of steps for this where one has to look first at some kind of correlation or interaction between the factors or something like that, but I could be wrong. I'll admit that I had a hard time grasping two-way ANOVA so that's probably why I'm struggling with this.

No, there are no such steps. MANOVA will tell you about interactions and correlations, if they exist.

It sounds as if your problem is with understanding ANOVA, except that the rest of your message talks about interpreting MANOVA. Please ask specific questions. 

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation