BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nikolasfilbert
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I want to ask some questions regarding Tweedie Distribution in SAS:

1. Can I assess goodness of fit (using Kolmogorov-Smirnov or Anderson Darling) for Tweedie?

2. I use TECHNIQUE=CONGRA, NMSIMP, and QUANEW for Tweedie (PROC HPGENSELECT is used), but the dispersion parameter has significant difference (CONGRA > 44, NMSIMP > 1500, QUANEW > 16000) while the power parameter is around 1.6 for all technique used, is there anyone who knows why it is like this?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

1. You can assess goodness of fit by using the AIC, AICC, and BIC criteria. The regression procedures use information criteria because it is generally applicable to regression models, whereas the K_S test is a univariate test. You can also look at the scaled Pearson chi-square, which is close to 1 in models that fit well.

2. Please post your log. I suspect that some of the optimizations are not converging.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation