BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am trying to run a repeated measures model in proc mixed with relative seed production as my dependent variable and year (the repeated measure), genotype, and size as independent variables for each plant in my study. The model runs well if I include a single interaction term such as year*size, but when I try to include year*genotype*size I get the "stopped because of infinite likelihood error." My code is below. I've tried using type =un, type= AR(1) and type = cs, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

proc mixed;
class genotype plant year;
model rel_seed_prod = year genotype size year*genotype year*size genotype*size year*genotype*size;
repeated year / subject = plant type = un;
run;

thanks for your help!
Carolyn
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Have you looked at
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/statug_mixed_sect028.htm
? My guess is that you've got too many parameters for the amount of data that you have and the Newton-Raphson search algorithm is failing to converge.
Dale
Pyrite | Level 9
Carolyn,

You might try initializing the covariance structure parameters according to the values which were estimated when you have only the year*size interaction in the model. Having reasonable initial estimates of the parameters of the covariance structure can help one avoid some estimation problems.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation