Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

The class statement with PROC MDC

Frequent Contributor

The class statement with PROC MDC

I think there is a problem with the class statement using proc MDC (type=mixedlogit). In the results, there is a parameter for the reference value, which is a non-sense. Moreover, this parameter has no standard error. I really don't get why. I know I could just create dummy variables, but I want to be sure that it's not another problem. Thanks.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: The class statement with PROC MDC

Could you share the syntax and output? Perhaps on a SASHELP or a simulated data set so we can all see the problem?

Frequent Contributor

I work in a secure lab so I can't copy/paste the syntax. The syntax was basic, such as:

Suppose variable "a" has 3 categories.

proc mdc;

class=a;

model y = a b c/

type=mixedlogit nchoice=10 mixed=(normalparm=a);

id id;

run;

The output is normal for the other variables. The only major bug is that there is a parameter for the reference value of the variable "a" and that parameter doesn't have standard error.

SAS Super FREQ

Your syntax doesn't correctly specify the reference parameterization.  You need to say

class a(ref='1') / param=ref;

where '1' should be replaced by whatever level you want to use for the reference level.

Frequent Contributor

Those commands are not supported by PROC MDC. See there:

SAS Super FREQ

I apologize. I'd go to tech support with this one.  The documentation doesn't  even mention the syntax you are using.

Frequent Contributor

I think the documentation is not up to date. The class statement with proc MDC works with SAS 9.4 (with the bug mentionned above), but is not supported with SAS 9.1.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation