BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jeremy2010
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I'm looking at rates of a medical procedure over ten years.

1. Is it possible for me to use the Cochran-Armitage test to evaluate trends in rates for this procedure over the 10 years?

2. If so, is it also possible for me to use the same test to evaluate trends in rates for multiple versions of the procedure (say, 2-4 different versions) over the same period?

3. If there is an indication of increase/decrease in rates over the 10 year period, what test is best suited for identifying the version(s) of the procedure responsible for the increase/decrease?

Thanks for your help.
1 REPLY 1
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Check out the paper published in the past in the SAS User's Group:
Paper SP05
Cochran-Armitage Trend Test Using SAS
Hui Liu, Merck Research Labs, Merck & Co., Inc, Rahway, NJ

You can find it with a Google search for SAS FREQ TREND.
Also, example 29.7 of the FREQ procedure (available from SAS Help) will tell you how to do this. The example number could have changed in recent versions of SAS/STAT. But both FREQ and MULTTEST have good capabilities for this type of trend test.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation