BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sivakoya
Obsidian | Level 7
day_namedayhourrisk gradecount
Friday10A26
Friday10A36
Friday10D13
Friday10D22
Friday10DN1
Friday10DS6
Friday11A24
Friday11A34
Friday11D11
Friday11DS1
Friday12A31

Hi, my data consists of hourly application count for each risk grade by day of the month and day of the week. Attached data here.

As the application processors receive these volume of applications and make decisions on them, they are being evaluated by the approval rates etc. Approval rates on A1 are the highest and in general approval rates are higher for A (A1,A2,A3) grade applications. So if I am trying to evaluate application processors performance on approval rates, to be on the fair side, I will have to test first if they receive same frequency of risk grade applciations. For example, if I see higher approval rates for night shift application processos, i need to test to see if they receive more A grades compared to the day shift processors, similarly for weekday processors vs weekend processors, and internet applications vs phone applications etc. To visualize the relation between risk grade volume and hour, I can do a simple 2*2 freq matrix and see if the distribution manually, but as the dimensions/slices to the data increase, riskgrade*day_of_week*hour or riskgrade*day_of_month*day_of_week*hour etc.. if becomes cumbersome to look at the data manually. Is there any procedure that I could use to solve this? I have tried using PROC CORRESP, but not sure if that is the appropriate procedure to use here. Please suggest me which statistical method or procedure to find the association between these variables. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

It looks like it is contingency table analysis .

PROC FREQ + chisq

or

PROC CATMOD .

or

PROC GENMOD + Poisson distribution

Check example of these two PROC .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

It looks like it is contingency table analysis .

PROC FREQ + chisq

or

PROC CATMOD .

or

PROC GENMOD + Poisson distribution

Check example of these two PROC .

sivakoya
Obsidian | Level 7

@Ksharp Thank you! These procedures are very appropriate for my analysis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation