Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Test for continuous-by-class interaction

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Test for continuous-by-class interaction

Hi folks;

Am working with 9.3 version. I wonder what test is the best for testing possible interactions with one continuous variable and one class variable. Let's say, I have Length-Of-Stay as continuous and Race as class and would like to test whether the interaction is significant or not.

Thanks!

Issac

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-17-2012 06:14 PM
Respected Advisor

Re: Test for continuous-by-class interaction

Search for "Homogeneity-of-slopes" in the documentation. One should do this test before any ANCOVA.

PG

PG

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

It's late on a Friday, but I'm either missing something or you are looking for something that can't exist.  Isn't an interaction, by definition, differences in a dependent variable based on the levels of two or more independent variables.

If you just want to identify whether differences are significant, and your data meet the test's assumptions, couldn't you get what you want by simply using a one way anova?

Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_anova_sect00...

Solution
‎08-17-2012 06:14 PM
Respected Advisor

Search for "Homogeneity-of-slopes" in the documentation. One should do this test before any ANCOVA.

PG

PG
Contributor

Thank Arthur and PG

I think the way to go is to ANCOVA since there is one class and one continuous variables and check for slope homogeneity as well.

Issac

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation