BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
issac
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi folks;

Am working with 9.3 version. I wonder what test is the best for testing possible interactions with one continuous variable and one class variable. Let's say, I have Length-Of-Stay as continuous and Race as class and would like to test whether the interaction is significant or not.

Thanks!

Issac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Search for "Homogeneity-of-slopes" in the documentation. One should do this test before any ANCOVA.

PG

PG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

It's late on a Friday, but I'm either missing something or you are looking for something that can't exist.  Isn't an interaction, by definition, differences in a dependent variable based on the levels of two or more independent variables.

If you just want to identify whether differences are significant, and your data meet the test's assumptions, couldn't you get what you want by simply using a one way anova?

Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_anova_sect00...

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Search for "Homogeneity-of-slopes" in the documentation. One should do this test before any ANCOVA.

PG

PG
issac
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank Arthur and PG

I think the way to go is to ANCOVA since there is one class and one continuous variables and check for slope homogeneity as well.

Issac

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation