BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I am trying to use PHREG procedure in 9.2 SAS to analyse my data on bahaviour of crayfish, and I encountered problems with modeling effects of time-dependent covariates. Maybe somebody would be able to help me to solve my problem. In short, I observed a number of crayfish over 30 minutes. I recorded time after which they were leaving their shelter (censored = 0 if they did not leave after 30 minutes) in control and treatment groups. In addition, water in tanks with crayfish changed its quality after 15 minutes - crayfish were exposed to a time-dependent state of water (time-dependent covariate).
I used the following model:

proc phreg data=tak;
class treatment;
model time*censored(0)= treatment status;

if time <= 15 then status= 0.0;
else status= 1.0;
run;

but I do not receive statistical results for the time-dependent covariate "status" (in the result table 0 valuues are desplayed for this variable). I would be grateful for any suggestions how to solve this problem and what can be a problem. You can also contact me directly via my e-mail:
bamwandzara@yahoo.pl

best regards
Marcin, Poland
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
part of your posting is missing.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, I try again to post my question. I analyse data on bahaviour of crayfish, and I encountered problems with Phreg procedure with time-dependent covariates. I observed a number of crayfish over 30 minutes, and recorded time after which they were leaving their shelter (censored = 0 if they did not leave after 30 minutes) in 2 groups. Water in tanks changed its quality after 15 minutes (time-dependent variable - 2 states of water).
I used the following model:
proc phreg data=tak;
class treatment;
model time*censored(0)= treatment status;
if time < 15 then status= 0.0;
else status= 1.0;
run;
Something goes wrong with this procedure, as I obtain 0 values for the effect of "status" variable. I should be grateful for your suggestions.
Marcin, Poland

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation