BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tawfiq
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I'm doing survival analysis, and I want to censor data >5 and state=2 or state=3, and the SAS code I'm writing is

proc phreg data=bc.def;

class size (ref ='1') / param=ref;

model survive(<=5)*state(2|3)=size/ties=exact rl;

run;

While

size which has 4 categories (1, 2, 3, 4)

state which has 3 categories (1, 2, 3), and 1=event

survive should be less than or equal 5

I wonder whether it's possible to modify the above code, and get what I intend to do. I appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tawfiq
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your help! It also works!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Is that working code? 

I'm a bit uncertain what your question is here. 

Tawfiq
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

The code is not working. What I want is to censor survive >5 for state 2 and state 3 and get survive <=5 for state=1. If I use the model as follows

proc phreg data=bc.def;

model survive*state(2)=size/ties=exact rl;

run;

the model works; but it doesn't provide survive <=5 and it adds state=3 with state=1 (or event=1) which shouldn't be the case. My purpose is to to use the model with the 2 conditions as ... model survive (<=5)*state(2 &3)=size/ties=exact rl;

Reeza
Super User

I think you need to precalculate the censor and survival time variables. Use a data step to create new variables that have the values you need. 

Tawfiq
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

I created two variables (one for censoring and another for survival_5y) and used the model and it worked!

Thanks for the help!

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

You first need to create a new censoring variable. And you can run your Cox-regression:

data mydata;
   set bc.def;
   if (survive>5)+(state in (2,3)) then censur=1;
  else censur=0;
run;

proc phreg data=mydata;
      model survive*censur(1)=size/ties=exact rl;
run;

Good luck:-)

Tawfiq
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your help! It also works!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation