BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ejulianne
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am doing survival analysis in SAS University using Proc Phreg to obtain a Cox PH model. I have a categorical variable and I simply want the count of number of events/number of censored subjects for each category but instead SAS outputs "Summary of the Number of Event and Censored Values" which gives the Total number of events/censored subjects used to create the model. I want breakdown of events/censored subjects for a specific variable in each category. It is not as easy as just using proc freq because I have 4 other variables in the model with missing values.

The reason I want this data is so I can do a trend test.

If you have any suggestions that would be so great!

Thank you,

Erin

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

If a record has missing values SAS removes the entire record from the model. So if you remove all the records with missing values you can run a proc freq. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation