BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashokeroy
Calcite | Level 5

Out of other options, I was wondering if I could calculate required sample size using #SAS for one of my surveys. Here are the details - population size: 6000; error tolerance: 5%; expected response rate: 25%; Confidence Interval: 95%. I know the answer but couldn't do it in SAS. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Ash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21

Ash: A nice paper that describes how to do it using a data step can be found at:

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2011/ST05.Putnam.pdf

Art

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
1zmm
Quartz | Level 8

Read the SAS/STAT documentation about PROC POWER.  If your survey is a complex sample survey with design effects and respondent sampling weights, you'll have to consider the estimated design effect [=the ratio of the variance for the complex survey to the variance from a survey using simple random sample] possibly from previous, similar surveys.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Ash: A nice paper that describes how to do it using a data step can be found at:

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2011/ST05.Putnam.pdf

Art

ashokeroy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Art - This is the right paper I was looking for. It's helpful. Thanks a bunch, Ash

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation