BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DocMartin
Quartz | Level 8

I'm running a regression procedure 30,000 times. By using the following I've been able to suppress all logs, listing, & HTML: 

ods html close ;
ods listing close; 
options nosource nonotes; 

Here's the regression equation code:

proc reg data = hr_reg ; 
model hr = timepoint;
title "Regression of hr on time";
 ods output ParameterEstimates=beta FitStatistics = rsquare; 
run; 
quit;

Even though the output is suppressed, the Results window continues to accumulate "beta" & "rsquare" SAS data sets. Is there any way to prevent that from occurring? Thanks! Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Follow the instructions in the article "Turn off ODS when running simulations in SAS."

And since I don't see a BY statement in your code, I also suggest that you read "Simulation in SAS: The slow way or the BY way"

If you intend to do a lot of simulation in SAS, you might want to read the paper "Ten Tips for Simulating Data with SAS" (Wicklin, 2015)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Follow the instructions in the article "Turn off ODS when running simulations in SAS."

And since I don't see a BY statement in your code, I also suggest that you read "Simulation in SAS: The slow way or the BY way"

If you intend to do a lot of simulation in SAS, you might want to read the paper "Ten Tips for Simulating Data with SAS" (Wicklin, 2015)

DocMartin
Quartz | Level 8
Rick, Thanks! That did the trick. I'll try by-processing rather than a macro loop. BTW: This isn't a simulation but actual data. Best, Andrew

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation