BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GBR2015
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a Strip-Split-Plot design with SAMPLING on the lowest plot. I already have done hard work researching and did not get final conclusion if I even must use a subsample error term and if what is correct error for the sub-sampling in these design.

I wrote the code below, and would be great full if someone could help me suggestim a better one.

PlotA=main plot, and within each PlotA I have a strip-plot with Row factor and Col factor. (With SUBSAMPLING)

PROC GLIMMIX data=dataset plots=studentpanel;

Class Block PlotA Row Col;

Model Y=PlotA | Row | Col / ddfm=satterthwait;

Random Block(PlotA) Row*Block(PlotA) Col*Block(PlotA) Row*Col*Block(PlotA);

run;

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If by "randomized complete block (RCB) with Factor 'A' with 'a' levels", you mean that each level of A is applied to a whole plot (identified as "Block*A") within each block--in other words, you have 'a' whole plots in each block--and that the row strips and the column strips are entirely contained within each whole plot, then ideally you would want

random block

block*a

block*row

block*a*row

block*col

block*a*col

block*row*col

block*a*row*col;

Lots of variance estimates! So the full list of terms might not be feasible.

Your original RANDOM statement would be correct if levels of factor A were randomly assigned to blocks rather than whole plots within blocks.

Susan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

See this thread for a strip-split plot model

https://communities.sas.com/thread/79513

Steve Denham

GBR2015
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Steve Denham

I checked the link and I believe that my code is correct.
Since I have a strip-plot within a simple randomize complete block (RCB) with Factor 'A' with ''a' levels, the interraction 'Block*A' become the "blocks" for the strip-plot, is it OK?

Thank you

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

That sounds correct, and also sounds a lot like an example in SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd ed., where an extensive strip plot example is worked out.

Steve Denham

sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If by "randomized complete block (RCB) with Factor 'A' with 'a' levels", you mean that each level of A is applied to a whole plot (identified as "Block*A") within each block--in other words, you have 'a' whole plots in each block--and that the row strips and the column strips are entirely contained within each whole plot, then ideally you would want

random block

block*a

block*row

block*a*row

block*col

block*a*col

block*row*col

block*a*row*col;

Lots of variance estimates! So the full list of terms might not be feasible.

Your original RANDOM statement would be correct if levels of factor A were randomly assigned to blocks rather than whole plots within blocks.

Susan

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Susan is right--I read it as a split-split plot, not a strip-split plot.  Mark her answer as correct.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation