BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Education
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I conducted an experiment containing three treatments over a two year period (the trial on the second year was a replicate of the first year: same treatments but different animals). I was looking at the effect of proper animal handling at early age on growth. In all these two years the animals after birth were randomly allocated to treatments (treatment 1- animals were gently picked at random and stroked while treatment 2- animals just experienced human presence in their enclousure and treatment 3- was control human presence was limited feed supply. Now since treatment was supplied on a group of animal not individual animal due to the fact that not all animals (N=60 treatment 1 first year and 70 second year) per day were picked/stroked for 2 months a split plot might be a good design to analyse the weight after 2 months with with year being your whole plot factor and treatment within year as your subplot factor.

My questions are:

1. How do i define the covariate (weight of animal after birth) in the glimmix model?

2. Can you check my random variiable statements i doubt they are alright, i am not that familiar with GLIMMIX.

3. Is the following commands appropriate to run my analysis for meaningful results?

PROC GLIMMIX DATA= growth;
CLASS YEAR CAMP GENOTYPE GENDER TREATMENT;
MODEL WEIGHT= YEAR|GENOTYPE|GENDER|TREATMENT/ SOLUTION DDFM= RES;
RANDOM CAMP;
RANDOM YEAR*TREATMENT;
LSMEANS YEAR|GENOTYPE|GENDER|TREATMENT/PDIFF;
RUN; QUIT;

Any help will be apprecited.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Education
Obsidian | Level 7

Anyone help me please!

Ksharp
Super User

Since it is a question about statistic , post it at Statisical forum .

@lvm @SteveDenham @StatDave are there .

sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

With an appreciative nod to @Reeza who linked to

https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask 

in another posting, you will need to provide more information to get a correct answer to the right question. Please include definitions of all variables in the model and a more complete description of the experimental protocol.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation