BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mrdcorso
Calcite | Level 5

I am having problem to write SAS code for Mean comparisons among subplot levels within a common main plot in a split plot design.

This is what I have so far, But I think it is wrong

proc sort data=test
by ir;
proc glm data=test;
class rep ir nrate;
model ndvi ndre ci = rep ir rep*ir nrate ir*nrate;
test h=ir e=rep*ir;
lsmeans nrate/lsd;
by ir;
run;

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Give us a hint.

Why do you think it is wrong?

--
Paige Miller
Mrdcorso
Calcite | Level 5

The mean comparison has to be separate by factor A, in this case, irrigation.

And I also discover that the data is not normallly distributed so I will have to use non-parametric anlysis... I have no idea how to do that

Education
Obsidian | Level 7

Since you are not farmiliar with the Non-parametric test transform your data so that you can continue with the Proc glm? The proc glm will only run data that their residuals are normally distributed. Or it will but the results will be wrong. Another alternative i can suggest is to run your data using the Proc glimmix since it will allow you to define the distribution that fit your data best and link it to the normal dist using any link function that is suitable.

Hope it helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation