BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rmiller
Calcite | Level 5
Hello everyone,
This is my first post in this forum.
Currently I am taking SAS class at my university. Right now in the class, the professor is teaching simple linear regression on the data sets.Once I run the proc reg on the data set, the output window pops up with the information in 4 tables:
Table 1 displays Number of observation read and used.
Table 2 displays Analysis of Variance
Table 3 displays Root MSE, Dependent Mean, Coeff Var, R-Square Adj R-Sq
Table 4 displays Parameter Estimates.

I want to learn how we got the values from tables 2 to 4 based on the formulas. Could anyone let me know how I can calculate these values based on the formulas with an example(similar to observations in sas data set).
Once I get to know how to calculate these values manually then I can check these values against the output of proc reg.

Later, I can easily understand the procedure involved to solve the problems related to multiple and logistic regression.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Rmiller
2 REPLIES 2
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
> I want to learn how we got the values from tables 2
> to 4 based on the formulas. Could anyone let me know
> how I can calculate these values based on the
> formulas with an example(similar to observations in
> sas data set).

I guess I am mystified by this question. Any text book on regression has the formulas. Any data set will do. Could you explain in more detail what you expect someone in this forum to provide?
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Miller,

If you would like SAS specific implementation of regression formulas you can find them in SAS help for proc reg. For example, the "Model Fir and Diagnostic Statistics" topic from this help contains part of these formulas.

Sincerely,
SPR

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation