Jack2012
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear ALL,

Just a 2 by 2 crosser design with two treatments at each period;

Sequence 1: Period 1 --Treatment A; Period 2--Treatment B;

Sequence 2: Period 1 --Treatment B;  Period 2-- Treatment A;

Subject will be randomized to sequence 1 or 2;

Each sequence will have 5 subjects;

The variable we want to analyze is a Response binary variable ( with values 0 (No) or 1 (Yes));

The pupose is to check whether the response between two Treatments are same.

Perperty of this design: Each subject will be assessed two times (each for one treatment).

Result have below two cases:

Case I:

Treatment A: Response=Yes (10 subjects, i.e. all response to Yes for treatment A); Response=No (0 subjects);

Treatment B: Response=Yes (10 subjects, ie. all response to Yes for Treatment B as well); Response=NO (0 Subjects);

Per the posts I raised earlier, the odds ratio for this case is not defined as the cells under Response=0 for both treatments are 0;

Question: I can't calculate the relative risk under this case, right?

Case II:

Treatment A: Response=Yes (9 subjects, i.e. 9 response to Yes for treatment A); Response=No (1 subjects);

Treatment B: Response=Yes (9 subjects, ie. 9 response to Yes for Treatment B as well); Response=NO (1 Subjects);

Wired thing came out:

When I use below code with the consideration of each subject as stratum, both the odds ratio and relative risk can't be produced.

proc freq data=dar_s(where=(group=5));
     tables drgdsc1a*swaevl2C;
run;

proc freq data=dar_s (where=(group=5)) order=data;
        BY Group;
        table SBJ1N*drgdsc1a*SWAEVL2C /alpha=0.1 cmh noprint;
				output out=ODDS CMH;/*This table is used to calculate the p-value so as to make a commparison with the value produced from PROC LOGISTIC**/
run;

Q1.jpg

Q2.jpg

What is your suggestion? Should I not to consider the dependence?

Only use McNemar Test to assess whether the resposne results to two treatments are consistent and test whether the proportion between two treatment for Response=yes is equal?

Highly appreciated for your help .

Best,

JACK

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User
"Question: I can't calculate the relative risk under this case, right?"
You can get that as long as it is 2x2 contingency table.
tables drgdsc1a*swaevl2C/relrisk(col=2) ;

If it was square table , why not use AGREE ?

tables drgdsc1a*swaevl2C/agree ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation