BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_User
Calcite | Level 5

My experiment design is as follows.

Each sample in the experiment is run on 2 “kit”s. Each "kit" has 2 “operator”s. Each operator performs the experiment in 2 “lab”s. And,each of these combinations uses a different “part” of the sample-that’s a total of 8 different “part”s from the sample run randomly on different “kit-operator-lab” combinations. (another option is to use 4 "part"s from the same sample and run the same combination on the 2 kits)

All the variables "kit, operator, lab" are random effects and I would like to estimate the variance due to each of these.

It would be very helpful to know how to specify these effects in the "random" statement. Something like this?

proc mixed;

class kit operator room part;

model y=;

random kit operator*lab part(kit);

run;

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SAS_User
Calcite | Level 5

I wanted to correct the class statement. It should read:

class kit operator lab part;

Please share your thoughts on what is the best way to setup the model.

Thanks!

trekvana
Calcite | Level 5

would you be able to show us your data (or at least a subset of it)?

SAS_User
Calcite | Level 5

I am afraid I won't be able to share the data. I realize that I will have to run diagnostics to make sure the model is correct and also modify the mdoel in case there are convergence issues. But, I just want to setup a model that is correct for the design. Thanks

trekvana
Calcite | Level 5

no problem. i am just having a hard time visualizing your data structure. hopefully some of the other users on here can chime in. can you show some made up dummy data (something that shows your data structure)?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation