BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pit
Fluorite | Level 6 pit
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there a way in SAS to perform a sample size calculation for a one-sample logrank test? The information I have is a historical based assumption providing a median survival time.

I assumed, that the historical median survival time is 6 months and the estimated survival time will be 10 months.

So far I used proc power and assumed having two samples, so that I can perform a calculation:

proc power;
	twosamplesurvival test=logrank
	groupmedsurvtimes = (6 10)
	accrualtime = 6
	followuptime = 6
	grouplossexphazards = (0 0)
	groupweights = (1 1)
	alpha = 0.025
	sides = 1
	power = 0.8
	ntotal=.;
run;

The chosen parameters are not important to me, it is about finding a method to perform a proper one-sample logrank test in SAS. If this is not possible by now than this information is helpful aswell.

I'm running SAS 9.4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tamhane
Obsidian | Level 7

Haven't come across that in SAS but PASS software has it. The reference they cite is:

Wu, Jianrong. 2015. “Sample size calculation for the one-sample log-rank test,” Pharmaceutical Statistics, Volume
14, pages 26-33.

Also attached is the documentation from PASS and a poster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tamhane
Obsidian | Level 7

Haven't come across that in SAS but PASS software has it. The reference they cite is:

Wu, Jianrong. 2015. “Sample size calculation for the one-sample log-rank test,” Pharmaceutical Statistics, Volume
14, pages 26-33.

Also attached is the documentation from PASS and a poster.

pit
Fluorite | Level 6 pit
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your opinion and the attached files! I haven't found a way to perform a sample size calculation for a one sample logrank test within SAS, so I used nQuery Advisor.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation