BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndreyMyslivets
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everybody!

I would be grateful if you could help me with calculations of sample size if I have following data:

1. Outcome is binary (Yes/No), main hypothesis is "non-inferiority";

2. There are two planned analyses (60% - interim, 100% - final);

3. Non-inferiority margin = -20%;

4. True planed difference between reference and test drugs = -5% (reference effect=56% - Yes, test effect=51% - Yes);

5. Test one-tailed, alpha=5%, betta=80%.

I'm looking forward to hearing any suggestions or recommendations for solving this problem.

Best Regards,

Anrey

3 REPLIES 3
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I recommend that you check out PROC POWER. It should have what you need. Also, read:

http://support.sas.com/kb/48/616.html

AndreyMyslivets
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much for your answer!

I think that I understand some key points at the moment and want to share with you (hope it is interesting) .

First of all there are 3 procedures in the SAS for SS calculation:

1. power procedure

2. glmpower procedure

3. seqdesign procedure

It is necessary to make some alpha (or/and beta correction for the analysis). The seqdesign procedure can present the alpha and beta spending functions for correction the SS in any sequential design (There are many types of it, I use Lan-DeMets O'brien-Fleming approximation spending function of alpha in my example).

When I have information about correction, I can use any of this three procedures for calculation using corrected alpha.

Best Regards,

Andrey

sarijaan
Calcite | Level 5

Did you have an example of how you made it ? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation