BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jmoseley
Quartz | Level 8

I am struggling with a two way Anove SAS problem.

Question is

researcher was interested in college students' attitudes towards alcohol consumption, and was intrigued by previous research (e.g., Wobble, 2000) that indicated a lack of significant differences between students enrolled in different colleges. The researcher has hypothesized that these results are attributable to confounding effects of gender, a variable that was not controlled in previous studies. For a new investigation, the researcher drew six samples of students, a sample of male students and a sample of female students from each of three colleges: the College of Business Administration, the College of Fine Arts, and the College of Arts and Sciences. She made certain that all students in the samples were seniors and that all were enrolled full‑time in their respective programs. Each student completed the Attitude Toward Alcohol Scale (Tipsey & Stumble, 1977) which yields scores ranging from 50 to 120, with higher scores representing a greater propensity towards alcohol consumption. These are the resulting data:

College

Business

Fine Arts

Arts and Sciences

Female

Male

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

I'm not quite following your data. Can you please post it a format that is easier to understand and use to program with? Is the 83/78/86 a value that represents an student or something else?

Also, I'm assuming this is a homework question, otherwise I'd say your sample size is too small.

Additionally, you can consider looking at the SAS Statistics e-Course which is free, and does cover how to perform an ANOVA. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation