BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FDsas
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! i have conducted a greenhouse experiment with 4 treatments arranged according to a RCBD, I had 4 blocks (replications) and each experimental unit was constituted by 10 pots. during the experiment I have analyzed the soil pH at different dates (4 different dates), on soil sampled every time from a different pot (not the same pot), therefore I think these should not be considered as repeated measures or not? The same experiment was conducted two times during two different seasons (Summer and Winter). Besides evaluating the treatment effect, I would like to compare the two seasons and also the different sampling dates. So I have a few questions:

What will be the best procedure to use in this case? Is the GLM procedure adequate?

How I should consider the season and the sampling dates?

Can you please help me to build the sas program for this case? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

FD 

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Just erased everything I wrote, because I misunderstood the design, and I'm still not completely clear.

Is this correct: 4 blocks, 4 treatments gives 16 experimental units, each of which has 10 pots.  Now some of the pots are sampled for pH at 4 different dates.  It appears then that some pots would be sampled 2 times and some 3 times (and it may be something other than that).  On top of that, you have 2 seasons.

Let us know if my assumption about the design is correct, and I might be able to come up with an analysis plan.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation